Safeguarding at St Augustine’s
At St Augustine’s Safeguarding is our number one priority and everyone’s responsibility.
As a school, we are committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow into mature and responsible people. Safeguarding children is a central part of our whole school approach to ensure that children are protected from abuse and neglect and that every child reaches their full potential. This is achieved by:
- Creating an environment whereby high standards of work, effort and behaviour are expected and rewarded with praise and encouragement.
- Providing a curriculum, which will help all children to develop.
- Providing appropriate training and learning opportunities to sustain the personal and professional development of all staff, governors and volunteers
- Developing a school community where everyone feels valued and secure, shows understanding of others, respects diversity and promotes equality of opportunity and encourages a sense of pride in our school and themselves.
- Working in partnership with parents by offering support, information and advice about their child’s learning and development.